By Melvin Small
- Examines the principal arguments and scholarly debates that encompass his time period in office
- Explores Nixon’s legacy and the ancient value of his years as president
- Covers the complete diversity of themes, from his campaigns for Congress, to his profession as Vice-President, to his presidency and Watergate
- Makes vast use of the hot paper and digital releases from the Nixon Presidential fabrics Project
Read or Download A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) PDF
Similar biographies of presidents & heads of state books
Via the Nineteen Twenties, Abraham Lincoln had transcended the lingering controversies of the Civil battle to turn into an earthly saint, venerated in North and South alike for his steadfast management in quandary. during the nice melancholy and global warfare II, Lincoln was once invoked numerous occasions as a reminder of America’s power and knowledge, a commanding excellent opposed to which weary electorate may possibly see their very own hardships in viewpoint.
Who precisely used to be Eric Williams? Publicly he's remembered as Trinidad and Tobago’s charismatic first leader Minister and leading Minister, the guy who led his nation to independence and ruled its political existence for 25 years. And he used to be the celebrated historian whose Capitalism and Slavery became acquired principles concerning the Atlantic slave exchange the wrong way up.
Haughey - Prince Of energy bargains with the large shadow Charles J. Haughey solid over Irish public lifestyles for a interval of greater than thirty years. From the 1960's onwards, Haughey had a private way of life that raised major doubts approximately his presence in public existence. yet relatively except his photograph as a ruthless operator, with a doubtless filthy rich heritage, Haughey confirmed impeccable liberal credentials via reforming legislative tasks.
With imaginative and prescient, hard-nosed judgment, and biting humor, Julius Nyerere faced the demanding situations of country construction in sleek Africa. developing Tanzania out of a arguable chilly struggle union among Tanganyika and Zanzibar, Nyerere emerged as one among self sustaining Africa’s such a lot influential leaders. He pursued his personal model of African socialism, known as Ujamaa, with unquestioned integrity, and observed it profoundly impact pursuits to finish white minority rule in Southern Africa.
- Le Choix de Gorbatchev (Odile Jacob) (French Edition)
- Friends Divided: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson
- From Classroom to White House: The Presidents and First Ladies as Students and Teachers
- The Bloviator
- Nixon Volume II: The Triumph of a Politician 1962-1972
Additional info for A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History)
A Companion to Richard M. Nixon (Wiley Blackwell Companions to American History) by Melvin Small